Move over peanut butter cookies! These cookie butter cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with lots of cookie butter.
I. Seriously. Love. Cookie Butter! I've made Nutella Cookie Butter Oatmeal Bars, Chocolate Chunk Cookie Butter Bars, Cookie Butter Fudge Sauce, and Cookie Butter Magic Sauce now I've made Soft Cookie Butter Cookies. These cookies are easy to make, full of cookie butter flavor, and don’t require any chilling. Plus this recipe only has 8 ingredients and can be made in less than 30 minutes (not including cooling time). You'll want to sink your teeth into these perfectly soft cookies with delicious chewy textures. If you love cookie butter, then this is one cookie recipe you’ll want to try!
I have something to confess...I don't like peanut butter. There, I said it. It feels like peanut butter is one of those things that people LOVE with the deepest passions. That's how I feel about cookie butter and these Soft Cookie Butter Cookies are inspired by peanut butter cookies. They are simply delicious with cookie butter as the main ingredient instead of peanut butter. Yum!
The Secret to Soft Cookies
In my recipe, I used a combination of both shortening and butter. Shortening traps air bubbles and has a higher melting point than butter. Butter melts at 90 to 95 °F compared to shortening which melts at 117º F. As a result these cookies rise higher and gives the cookies a soft texture. The cookies also do not spread as much as cookies that use all butter.
How to Make Soft Cookie Butter Cookies
In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, combined cookie butter, softened shortening, and butter. Then, add in brown and white sugar and whisk until fluffy. The color will change to a light brown. Switch to a paddle attachment and add in eggs until combined. Then, add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Finally, scoop with a two-inch cookie scoop onto a silicone lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then move cookies to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Soft Cookie Butter Cookies
- 1 cup cookie butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temp
- ½ cup shortening room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar packed, I used dark brown
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment mix, butter, cookie butter and shortening until combined.
- Add in brown and granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. The color will change to a light brown (About 2 minutes).
- Switch to a paddle attachment, add in eggs and mix until just combined.
- Add in dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Using a 2 inch cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto a baking tray with a silicone mat. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet. Finally place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool until room temperature.