Strawberries + rosé wine in sorbet form?! Yes, way rosé.
Only 7 ingredients until you are digging into refreshing frozen Strawberry Rosé Sorbet. This is the perfect treat to beat the summer heat. Inspired by my love of Frosé aka frozen rosé, an adult boozy slushie. This Strawberry Rosé Sorbet has sweetness from fresh strawberries, boozy bubbliness from the Rosé wine, and then frozen for easy enjoyment whenever!
Since this sorbet contains alcohol, the sorbet will not freeze completely. So when you are ready to enjoy, don't be surprised if it starts to melt fast. It just means that you will have a perfectly soft sorbet right out of the freezer.
I made this recipe because it's strawberry season and I love strawberries! It's one of my favorite fruits. By themselves, in my morning granola, in a salad, with ice cream, in ice cream, it just seemed to make sense to make a fun boozy frozen treat out of them considering summer is upon us.
Looking for other boozy dessert ideas? Check out my Mimosa Gummy Bears made with only 4 ingredients! Or make an amazing 2 ingredient cocktail with the same flavor profile aka a Rosé Wine Float. Grab a bottle of rosé wine and strawberry (or raspberry sorbet) that all you need. Scoop out your sorbet into a glass and then top off with rosé wine. That's it!
Strawberry Rosé Sorbet
- Ice Cream Maker
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ juice of one small lemon
Rosé Wine Base
- 1 & ½ cups rosé wine
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- In one saucepan, combine strawberries, lemon juice and sugar and heat until it begins to boil.
- Then simmer and crush berries for 5-10 minutes until jammy.
Rose Wine Bse
- In a seperate saucepan, combine rose wine, sugar, corn syrup and xanthan gum. Heat over medium until combined and sugar is dissolved. It should only take a few minutes.
- In a blender, add both Rose Wine Base and Strawberry Base and blend until combined.
- Put in airtight container and store in fridge until very cold or overnight
- Churn your sorbet base in your ice cream maker according to their instructions
- Store in freezer-safe container in the freezer until very cold before serving