Forget expensive cheese platters - wow your friends and family with this Truffle Honey Baked Brie!
Updated November 2020 with process photos, ingredients photos and more information.
I realize it's incredibly hot outside and baked brie is usually a fall/winter appetizer. But, I will always support warm delicious cheese in a crispy puff pastry any time of the year. Hence, why I HAD to make this Truffle Honey Baked Brie. This recipe could not be easier. It's just a wheel of brie, some honey, a bit of truffle oil, an egg, and a sheet of puff pastry. Bake until golden and serve with whatever you have or an assortment of delicious accompaniments - bread, crostini, crackers, nuts, sliced apples, and grapes.
This appetizer is so easy to make and baked brie is always a hit! This Truffle Honey Baked Brie recipe is quick and will impress all your friends, family, and their appetites. While baked brie is the ultimate holiday appetizer at Thanksgiving and Christmas this baked brie is something you'll want to eat all year round!
What You'll Need to Make Baked Brie
How to make Truffle Honey Baked Brie
Start by preheating your oven to 400°F and thawing 1 sheet of puff pastry according to the packages directions.
- Mix: honey and white truffle oil in a small bowl
- Roll: out puff pastry on a clean flat surface, lightly dust with flour to roughly 10 x 10 inches.
- Place: puff pastry on a lined baking sheet.
- Spread: truffle honey to the middle of the puff pastry to roughly the same size as your brie cheese.
- Place: brie on top.
- Fold: the corners and put them into the center of the brie. It should look like a square diamond and lightly pinch together.
- Fold: corners on at a time into the center. Pinch together.
- Brush: with egg wash.
- Bake: for 20-30 minutes until puff pastry is golden brown
- Serve: hot with a variety of accompaniments.
- Where to buy truffle oil: If you like cooking, check out this truffle oil set with 3 different truffle oils. You can also check your local Whole Foods! They usually have a good variety of specialty items including truffle oil. If you are worried truffle oil are one use only, use it on popcorn, pasta, drizzled on pizza, and even as a vinaigrette.
- No rolling pin? Use a wine bottle!
What to Serve with Baked Brie
I like to serve baked brie on a large platter or cheese board with the following to make this pretty presentation. However, you can also serve this baked brie simply with sliced bread. It's up to you, either way, it's delicious!
- Crackers + Bread: the perfect eatable vessel for shoving oozy cheese into your mouth. Baguette and plain crackers are the best so it does not compete with the flavor of the baked brie.
- Fresh Fruit: Green apples and grapes are more acidic which helps bring out the velvety texture of brie. Red apples are sweeter
- Mixed Nuts: makes the dish more substantial and offer more earthiness.
- Other delicious suggestions:
- Sliced pears
- Dried fruits
Need More Cheesy Appetizers?
- Whipped Blood Orange Feta Dip: creamy, tangy, sweet! Double dip-able! Perfect for the winter season.
- Warm Goat Cheese Sun-dried Tomato Spread: Another cozy cheese recipe with an Italian influence. Enjoy with an extra-tall glass of wine!
Truffle Honey Baked Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry defrosted according to packaging
- 1 8 oz wheel brie
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp honey + more for topping
- ½ tsp white truffle oil
- flour for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix honey and truffle oil together. Set aside
- On a clean flat surface, lightly dust with flour. Roll out puff pastry to roughly 10 inches x 10 inches. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Spread truffle honey to the middle of the puff pastry to roughly the same size as your brie cheese.
- Place wheel of brie in the center.
- Take the corners and put into the center of the brie. It should look like a square diamond and lightly pinch together.
- Pull the other outer corners into the center and pinch.
- Whisk an egg and brush all over the puff pastry.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is a golden brown.
- Serve hot/warm with your choice of accompaniments.