Want banana bread without the arm workout? Use a food processor to create an easy banana bread batter. Pour into a loaf pan, bake and voila!
Whenever I visit my mom's, I ALWAYS see a bundle or two of perfectly browned bananas. I ALWAYS leave with those said bananas. Banana bread is ALWAYS the answer on how to use them. Now, maybe I'm picky but mashing bananas doesn't seem like the best way to distribute them. Instead, I'd rather blend them smooth in a food processor. But, why stop there? Let's make the entire batter in the food processor hence this Food Processor Five Banana Bread recipe!
The key is to moist and banana-y bread is to freeze your banana first and then completely thaw. The bananas are release all of there juices and deliver an intense-banana rich flavor in this dense and moist banana bread. I love when the banana bread is room temperature and served with a layer of soft butter and topped with sea salt!
I love my Hamilton Beach Food Processor! It holds up to 12 cups and has 3 modes including puree which I used for this recipe. In just a few minutes with a few clicks, this batter comes together. This allows the bananas to be evenly distributed in the batter.
Love Nutella and bananas together? You have to check out my Food Processor Banana Nutella Swirl Bread recipe!
How to Make Food Processor Five Banana Bread?
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a 12-cup food processor, add in 5 bananas (previously frozen now thawed), 1 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 stick of unsalted butter melted. Puree for a few seconds until combined.
- Add in 2 eggs and 2 teaspoon of vanilla extra. Puree for a few seconds until combined.
- Add in all dry ingredients. Puree for a few seconds until combined.
- Carefully remove the blade and set aside. Using a silicone spatula, scrape sides of the bowl and give a quick stir to make sure everything is combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool to room temperature and enjoy!
- Store Banana bread in plastic wrap, tin foil or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Food Processor Five-Banana Bread
- 5 bananas* frozen then thawed**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x5 loaf with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend thawed bananas, sugar, and melted butter until combined.
- Remove the top and add in eggs and vanilla. Place the top back on and blend.
- Remove the top and add in the rest of ingredients. Place the top back on and blend until combined.
- Carefully remove the top and blade. Using a silicone spatula, stir a few times until completely combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Keep banana bread in the loaf pan and cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove loaf from the pan, move onto a cooling rack and cool until room temperature.
- Store bread wrapped in plastic wrap, tin foil, or an airtight container at room temperature for 4 days.